Monday, September 24, 2012

Isis



Image from http://www.etsy.com/listing/93485782/isis-original-watercolor-painting?ga_search_query=isis

For a long time, I felt that 'my' pantheon was definitely the Norse goddesses and gods but lately I have become very interested in all of the other faces of the Goddess. When I was a child, I was fascinated by Ancient Egypt and after I saw this wonderful drawing of Isis by Arden Ellen Nixon (http://www.ardenellennixon.com/), that fascination has come back. I have been going a little crazy on the online shopping lately, but I couldn't resist buying a card and a tile with this image on it!

2 comments:

  1. I've gone a bit potty on Etsy and Ebay lately :>
    it's a sort of therapy I have to be quite careful of! This is a lovely picture though. I can see why you were tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to be tempted isn't it! What are you most often tempted by? Hope you're doing ok, Helena. Thinking of you, with Scooter's passing x

    ReplyDelete